Monday, July 21, 2008

The Year Was 1973..

My Mom and Step-dad will be celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary in a couple weeks. I was 9 at the time, so no I wasn't born that year!!! It is interesting to look back and see how much I do rmember happening even though I was just a kid. For the PARTY.. I am in charge of putting a musical slide show together of pictures through the years. It has been fun to go through the pictures especially with Carley who has so many comments to make about "my fashion sense"-I inform her i was very hip, groovy, and dressed just like Marcia Brady!(Not sure about the knee socks though with shorts). I will add some of the better pics as I work on the show. I have been procrastinating...and have so many pics to scan. Once I get started I will be obsessive about it!! Just thought I would take some of you back to good old 1973-or introduce it to those who weren't born yet! Funny we were having oil issues then too-but gas was only .40 cents a gallon.



In 1973 (the year you were born)



Richard Nixon is president of the US



Supreme Court rules in Roe vs. Wade that states may not prevent a woman from having an abortion during the first trimester



US announces the end of the military draft



Spiro T. Agnew resigns after pleading no contest to charges of tax evasion while governor of Maryland



Gerald R. Ford becomes the first appointed vice president under the 25th Amendment



A total ban on oil exports to the US for six months is imposed by Arab nations after the outbreak of an Arab-Israeli war



President Richard Nixon announces that a peace accord has been reached in Vietnam



Drea de Matteo, Tori Spelling, Carson Daly, Monica Lewinsky, and Kate Beckinsale are born



Oakland Athletics win the World Series



Miami Dolphins win Superbowl VII



Montreal Canadiens win the Stanley Cup



The Exorcist and American Graffiti are top grossing films



Elvis Presley's Aloha From Hawaii television special is seen around the world by more than 1 billion viewers



KISS performs their first concert, at the Coventary Club in Queens



"The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" by Roberta Flack wins a Grammy for song of the year



Schoolhouse Rock premieres

Keep Imagining!
Tracy

1 comment:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Thank you for leaving your comment. Coming from you, after all that you've gone through, the words mean a lot.

Hallie