Tuesday, October 16, 2007

2nd email for friends and family-dated 10/14/2006



On Sat. Oct. 14, 2006 Rodney had arrived for treatment in Germany at approx. 10am (Geray time). He was in ICU and was still intubated and sedated.He was still listed as seriously ill. I was able to speak with a nurse (Lt.Christopher) about his condition which made me feel so much better. I was able to share some of Rodney's medical history and about his med. allergy. They were going to work on getting him off the the sedation and respirator. The plan was to have him transferred state side by Tues. Oct. 17th, most likely to Walter Reed. This conversation was most helpful and the nurse was very nice. I asked if I might speak to him later-basically put the phone up to his ear. Lt. Christopher stated later in the day that would be fine. I thought maybe Rodney would be able to hear me and even if he couldn't it was for me. I need ed to tell him I loved him.
More on this day in our journey later...
Thanks for reading (or at least I hope someone is reading)
T-

No comments: