Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Thanks for the Support... a good day!

Thank you to all of you out there who have reached out and given me support through your experiences and your suggestions about the situation with my precious son-

I just wanted to do a short post on our Monday:

I went to eat lunch with Connor at school. Him and I worked on a science project together then we went to get his glasses adjusted and we did get a halloween costume and some decorations. He fought me at some points but I tried to stay positive and not react when I felt he was starting to get frustrated. I did speak with a social worker who works for the school district. I feel better and more hopeful after speaking with her. She does suggest getting him to a dr. and figuring out some of the bigger issues. So I will start making calls in the am-there are 17 dr.s listedfor child psychiatry within a 50 mile radius and none are actually even in our county. Most are alsmot 50 miles away-according to the insurance I have to exhaust all of those options before they will consider letting him see someone else. Pretty frustrating since I want him to see who has been recommended to me-the same dr. by my counselor as well as the social worker-so I want her to see him!! The fight is on!! Wish me Luck!

Overall the day was much more pleasent and he actually was smiling and laughing with us a some points-I treasure those moments!!!

Again thanks for checking in....
I will let you know how it goes.
Tracy

No comments: