Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Basketball Video for Coach Bechard

This video was created and shared on youtube-it is obviously about the 1996 State Champion basketball team and their one-of-a kind coach! I remember that season very well, because at the time I was still working for Gardner Parks and Recreation and my coworkers brother was on the team. I even helped design the rowdy rag that fans had at the games. It was a very exciting time for Gardner. Coach Don Bechard was inducted into the GEHS Athletic Hall of Fame last evening at the Hospice House. It was a well deserved award for a man who has made such a difference in GEHS athletics and the community as a whole. He is still inspiring so many with his continued amazing fighting spirit-I have read most of the comments on his caringbridge site (I am still getting so many hits-hopefully I helped by showing some the way to his site)-Don & his family are so loved by all-that is obvious.
I wish I would of had the opportunity to know him better.
Enjoy the video-I did! Gardner has changed some in last 12 years.

Keep Imagining!
Tracy

No comments: